Postdoctoral Positions in Biomicrofluidics & Spatial Transcriptomics at the Han Lab: Chemistry & Institute for Genomic Biology
The Han lab is currently seeking highly motivated postdoctoral researchers to join our dynamic team. Located within the prestigious disciplines of Chemistry and the Institute of Genomic Biology, our lab focuses on cutting-edge research in technology development and biological discoveries. We are proud to announce immediate openings for multiple positions. This is an exceptional opportunity for dedicated individuals to contribute to groundbreaking projects and advance their scientific careers.
Our projects encompass two exciting areas of research: Microfluidics-based Single Virus Genomics and Spatial Transcriptomics. Both of these projects are collaborative and of significant magnitude, offering an excellent platform for scientific exploration and innovation. Successful candidates will have the chance to work at the forefront of technology development, contribute to new biological insights, and lead multi-disciplinary teams. We welcome candidates with backgrounds in either technology-oriented or biology-oriented fields.
Joining the Han lab as a postdoctoral researcher offers a unique opportunity to contribute to pioneering research, collaborate with leading experts, and gain invaluable experience in technology development and multi-disciplinary teamwork. The lab provides a vibrant and intellectually stimulating environment that fosters creativity, scientific excellence, and personal growth.
- Microfluidics-based Single Virus Genomics:
At the Han lab, we have achieved a remarkable breakthrough in single virus genomics through the development of advanced microfluidic platforms. These platforms enable direct sequencing of single virus genomes with unparalleled throughput, capable of processing hundreds of thousands of virus particles. In addition to driving further technological innovation, we are leveraging this groundbreaking technology to investigate influenza virology and ecology. We are currently seeking a postdoctoral researcher to lead the ‘quantitative profiling of evolutionary processes in influenza’ using our new single virus sequencing platform.
- Spatial Transcriptomics:
Following the remarkable advancements in single-cell sequencing, our next focus is to understand the spatial and functional organization of cells within tissues. This knowledge is crucial for modeling the collective behavior of tissues accurately. The Han lab has independently developed a revolutionary MERFISH platform that is both flexible and expandable. Our ongoing research aims to enhance this platform to enable ultra-high throughput, high-resolution spatial transcriptomics. Furthermore, we are exploring novel aspects of biology in the fields of brain research and cancer. We have several projects ready to generate high-impact data in these areas.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (such as Chemistry, Biophysics, Genomics, or a related discipline)
- Strong background and expertise in either technology development or biology
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and work effectively in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong publication record demonstrating scientific productivity
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter describing your research experience and interests
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including a list of publications
- Contact information for three references
- Please email your application as a single PDF file to [email protected] with the subject line “Postdoctoral Researcher Application – [Your Name].” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
The Han lab is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
Technician Position – Molecular Biology (Biomicrofluidics & Spatial Transcriptomics)
The Han Lab at Chemistry Department and Institute for Genomic Biology is seeking a skilled and dedicated technician to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research projects in Biomicrofluidics and Spatial Transcriptomics, providing invaluable support to our researchers.
The Han Lab offers a stimulating and inclusive research environment, providing opportunities for professional growth and the chance to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries in Biomicrofluidics and Spatial Transcriptomics. As a technician, you will play a vital role in supporting our researchers and advancing scientific knowledge in these exciting fields.
Join our team and be part of a collaborative and innovative research environment, where your expertise in molecular biology will contribute to groundbreaking discoveries and scientific advancements. We look forward to welcoming a highly motivated technician to the Han Lab.
- Provide technical support and expertise in molecular biology techniques for the Biomicrofluidics and Spatial Transcriptomics projects.
- Assist researchers in experimental design, sample preparation, and data analysis.
- Perform various molecular biology techniques, including qPCR, reverse-transcription, second strand synthesis, gel electrophoresis, library preparation, and sequencing.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure their proper functioning.
- Help with general laboratory management, including inventory control and ordering supplies.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to achieve project goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, or a related field.
- Strong practical experience and knowledge of molecular biology techniques, including PCR, enzymatic synthesis of RNA/DNA, library preparation and sequencing.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to follow protocols accurately.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work within a diverse research team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and skills.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with a comprehensive list of laboratory techniques mastered.
- Contact information for two professional references.
- Please email your application as a single PDF file to [email protected] with the subject line “Technician Application – [Your Name].” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- The Han Lab is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.